Taunton Youth League Cup: Tone Youth Hornets 1, Wellington U13s 3

Huge congratulations to our U13s who won their league cup with victory over Tone Youth Hornets at Taunton Town’s ground.

Wellington showed a few signs of early nerves but settled down quickly playing some neat football out from the back.

With five minutes gone, a great through ball from Ethan Charlton set the dangerous Fred Gray through on goal only for the ball to take a horrible bobble just before he shot and the ball went just wide of the post.

This seemed to galvanise Wellington who then became completely dominant with the midfield three of Harley Ormerod, Harvey Richards and Charlton spreading the ball wide to Daniel Conway and Riley Lawrence who made some penetrating runs and caused problems for the opposition defenders.

With 15 minutes gone Wellington took a deserved lead through Gray who powered past his defender rifling the ball into the roof of the net from a tight angle.

Tone Youth tried catching Wellington with the long ball but the back four of Leon Wescott, Filip Luterek, Zac Collins and Charlie Langley were more than up to the task and dealt with it comfortably.

Around the half-hour mark Wellington doubled their lead from another great through ball with Gray slotting neatly past the keeper.

With two minutes of the half to go, Wellington keeper Atty Smy was called into action not once but twice from a free kick and on both occasions made exceptional saves to deny Tone Youth.

The second half started in the same vein as the first with Wellington being the dominant force. The recently-introduced Joby Hampshire and Riley Newland at right and left back were both having solid games and stopped any threat Tone Youth posed in the wide positions.

Twelve minutes after the restart, Wellington made it 3-0 with Ormerod making a bursting run into the box and finding Gray who made no mistake from close range to secure his hat-trick for the match.

Wellington made three substitutions with Oscar Burnell Parnell, Harvey Masland and Callum Stanyard all coming on.

Wellington continued to cause Tone Youth problems and were rewarded a penalty which went millimetres wide of the post.

In the last ten minutes of the game, Tone Youth seemed to come to life and got a consolation goal with a neatly taken finish.

Wellington made their last substitution with Ethan Ainsworth making his first appearance for a while after being out injured – he made some great runs and made life difficult for the tone youth defenders.

The final whistle went and the Wellington players deservedly celebrated their victory and lifted the U13s cup.

To see a picture gallery from the game CLICK HERE.