Legal Notices & Policies
Wellington AFC respects the privacy and rights of its visitors. No effort is made to identify individuals without their knowledge
- When a visitor requests pages from the Wellington AFC site, our Web servers automatically log the browser’s domain name, and IP address. This information is collected solely for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals.
- Personally identifiable information such as visitor’s name, telephone number, postal address and email address are technically impossible for Wellington AFC to collect and no attempt is made to do so. The information that is recorded consists of the date and time of visit, ip address, browser (e.g. Firefox 3.5), operating system version (e.g. Windows XP), screen resolution (e.g. 800×600), referring link, the current page url and the current page title.
- To enable Wellington AFC to track whether a visitor has been to our website before (i.e. a first-time or returning visitor) we send a cookie to our visitors’ computer. This information is collected solely to improve the service we offer to you and statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals.
- Wellington AFC maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. Your e-mail address will not be sold to a third party.
The misuse of Wellington AFC to track unsolicited bulk mailings or fraudulent websites will not be tolerated (spam & phishing). Any account which is found to be engaged in such activities will be closed immediately. We despise spam. We believe people who send spam should spend time in prison for wasting the world’s time. If you come across a spam or phishing site using Wellington AFC, please contact us with the URL of the offending page, or with a copy of the spam email message, and we will take appropriate action.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into restricted areas of our website, or use a shopping cart.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our website for you, remember your preferences, and remember what option you selected for polls on our website.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.