The Football Association [The FA) has provided an update for ‘non-elite’ football in England following the UK Government’s announcement on new national Covid-19 restrictions which will be in place from Thursday 5 November 2020 until Wednesday 2 December 2020.
As a result of the UK Government’s new national Covid-19 restrictions, and subject to Members of Parilament voting tomorrow [Wednesday 4 November 2020] and the publication of bespoke guidance from the Department for Digital,Culture, Media & Sport [DCMS], the impact on ‘non elite’ football in England will include the suspension of the following during this period:
- All fixtures and training for Steps 3-6 of the NationalLeague System (NLS);
- All fixtures and training for Tiers 3-7 of the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP];
- All fixtures and training for the RegionalNLS Feeder Leagues;
- All fixtures and training for The Barclays FA WSL Academy league;
- All fixtures and training for FA Girls Regional Talent Clubs;
- All fixtures and training for indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football.
The FA’s aim is to ensure that the 2020-21season is completed at these levels and will liaise with the relevant leagues in the NLS and WFP and the County Football Associations (CFAs) to provide support and establish appropriate opti ons to do so if required.
The UK Government has confirmed that school sport can continue as an exemption during this period.
PLEASE NOTE: Ahead of lockdown, our first-team game at home to Bridgwater Town on November 4th has been postponed by mutual agreement between both clubs.